- Background: The topic introduces the learner to computers, their use and implications of using them in a variety of fields. It is developed bearing in mind that most of the learners might be encountering the subject for the first time. They need to attain the background knowledge to the use of computer systems across a number of fields. The topic lays a foundation to the rest of the topics. It should be well handled to give the learners a solid foundation in the subject.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to describe the application of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in society.
- Guidance to the Teacher: You are advised to introduce the topic using real parts of a computer where possible. In the event that such objects cannot be obtained, use their images which are readily available online.The implications of using ICTs should clearly look at the advantages and disadvantages of using ICTs in each of the areas that have been highlighted in the table above. Use of ICTs in business should focus on banking, mobile money transfers and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). You are encouraged to organise learners in groups to make presentations on the implications of ICT in society.
- Recommended Coverage Duration: 12 periods (2 weeks) Senior Five Term I
- Suggested Competences for Assessment: Assess the learners’ ability to distinguish the different parts of a computer and other ICT devices and their uses. Discuss the implication of using ICT in a variety of fields.
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.