- Background: The number of users of the internet is exponentially growing due to increasing ease of use, low cost of the hardware and availability of adequate facilities in schools, public libraries, internet cafes etc.
Although the basic use of internet was research, the number of users of e-mail has outgrown that of research. One can use the internet to communicate with anyone else online, in any place in the world without incurring any extra cost. It can also be used to join mailing list, bulletin boards or discussion groups that cover a huge variety of subjects.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to use the Internet to communicate and enhance research in order to develop the lifelong learning skill.
- Guidance to the Teacher: Guide the learners to identify the different internet services and their usefulness.
Demonstrate effective use of search engines and give learners activities to practise use of refined searches as individuals or in groups.
Guide the learners to use email communication. You need to make sure that all learners in the class have working email addresses for effective teaching of this topic.
Creating an email address is expected.
As much as possible encourage internet etiquette practices.
- Suggested Competences for Assessment:
Assess the learners’ ability to search for information from the internet and use email communication in addition to other services covered in this topic.
- Recommended Coverage Duration: 12 periods (2 weeks)Senior Five Term II
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.