- Background: As mentioned in Topic 5 (Computer Hardware), computer software is compared to your mind. Each and everything that happens inside the computer is controlled by some form of software: from the high level word processors, games and other applications, to the low-level device drivers that tell your hardware exactly what it has to do to make them work properly.Software is a collection of computer programmes and related data that provides instructions to computer hardware. It is these instructions which tell the hardware that it needs to print a document or save a file or display a webpage, etc.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to describe the major categories of software and their functions.
- Guidance to the Teacher: There is need to have a variety of application and systems programmes for practice. You are advised to create an activity that introduces the learner to the distinction between system software and application software.
Application software is designed to help the user to perform specific tasks while system software is responsible for managing and controlling computer hardware.
Using a variety of files with different file types, create an activity that requires a learner to determine the appropriate application software to use for each of the files.
- Suggested Competences for Assessment:
Assess the learners’ ability to determine the appropriate application software for each of the files and the skill to navigate and use the different application software.
- Recommended Coverage Duration:8 periods (1 1/3 weeks)Senior Five Term II
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.
There are no reviews yet.