Background: Electronic publishing has a history of being used to describe the development of new forms of production, distribution, and user interaction in regard to computer-based production of text and other interactive media.
Electronic publishing enables professional designers to create sophisticated documents that contain text graphics and many colours. It is ideal for the production of high quality colour documents such as textbooks, corporate newsletters, marketing literature (adverts), product catalogues and annual reports, and being able to share them over the Internet.
Learning Outcome: The learner should be able to design a brochure, business card, flyer or banner for a given function.
Guidance to the Teacher:
- For each of the items to be developed in this topic, let the learners develop, make a presentation of their designed item for the rest of the class to comment and make improvements in the item. Where possible, get a third party to determine what they need in order to advertise a product.
- Discourage the learners from using inbuilt templates while designing each of the items.
- Train learners how to adjust the units of measurement from inches, to pixels and to centimetres for learners to develop this competence.
- You are advised to organise the teaching in form of a project to allow the learner develop specific skills at a time.
- As much as possible demonstrate to learners and allow them time to develop the skills of their own through the project work.
Suggested Competences for Assessment:
- Assess the learners’ ability to create and design an electronic publication in form of a flyer or banner to a level of advertising an item.
Recommended Coverage Duration: 32 periods (5 1/3 weeks) Senior Six Term I
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.