- Background: Communication is one of the fundamental aspects of life. In this regard, electronic communication means have been developed on top of the traditional manual and mechanical modes of communication for individuals and organisations to communicate more effectively. A person can now communicate through contemporary media like mobile phones and over the internet.
It is therefore important that learners are introduced to basic data communication and ICT networking infrastructure and services in order to come to terms with contemporary data communication facilities.
- Learning Outcome: The learner should develop basic skills, knowledge and expertise in the use of contemporary communication facilities like computers, mobile telephones, the Internet, among others.
- Guidance to the Teacher: It is important for the learners to interact with all the data communication tools mentioned in this topic for them to appreciate and clearly make a distinction between their usage.
You are advised to use physical network devices as visual aids for the learners to visualise and learn from.
Prepare activities that allow learners to work individually or in groups to identify and list the components of a computer network and their uses, to identify and list the implications of a computer network.
- Suggested Competences for Assessment:
Assess the learners’ ability to effectively communicate using data communication tools and explain the types of computer networks.
- Recommended Coverage Duration: 18 periods (3 weeks)
Senior Six Term I
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.