- Background: Computer word processing encompasses production of professional looking documents like letters, memos and circulars. In a typical office where many documents are typeset, formatting and editing of such documents becomes a nightmare where manual modes of document production, filing and transmission are used.
In order to minimise and eliminate such hassles, several electronic devices and services by computerised systems and electronic typewriters have been developed for more efficiency and effectiveness in document production.
Computerised word processing systems have got easy to use document edit and format features capable of making documents look more and more business like if well mastered. Some people and organisations earn their living by producing documents for others using computerised systems.
Therefore, it is important that our learners are introduced to the basic practical knowledge and skills of word processing in order to be able to produce, and communicate documents better.
- Learning Outcome: The learners should be able to demonstrate basic knowledge and skills in document production.
- Guidance to the Teacher: Although you are at liberty to decide on the word processor to use, make sure it has all the features required by this syllabus.
Provide time for your learners to practise and develop skills in printing a variety of styles.
Word processed documents involving equations should be considered
to allow use of the equation editor.
Proofreading a document includes consistent line spacing, consistent character spacing, re-pagination, removing blank pages, removing widows/ orphan tables and lists split over columns or pages.
- Recommended Coverage Duration:12 periods (2 weeks)
Senior Five Term I
- Suggested Competences for Assessment: Assess the learners’ ability to identify, open and close a Word processing software on computer systems.
Choose appropriate word processing software basing on the features for a given task.
- How to Download this class notes presentation: Click on Add to Cart, then a green section with a button for view cart will appear. Click on VIEW CART. On the cart, scroll down and click on the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT button. On the checkout page, you will fill in your billing/contact information, then choose a payment gateway to use. Mobile Money is chosen by default. To use mobile money, simply type in your mobile money account number without the leading zero (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Africell Money and Msente are supported) and click PLACE ORDER. A prompt will be sent to your phone from PEGASUS (Mobile Money Agent). Once you enter your password, it will take a few minutes for your payment to be detected before you are redirected to the download page. In case of any assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call / text / whatsapp me on 0706060740.