- This event has passed.
Kampala Big Data Training | Hadoop Training – Omni212
October 30, 2017 @ 5:00 am - November 15, 2017 @ 7:00 am
Next class starting
October 30, 2017
Video Conference link for the Training
Will be sent upon Registration and Payment
Why Big Data Training from Omni212?
1. Omni212 is a Hortonworks Hadoop Consulting Partner.
2. Certifed Hadoop instructors teach this class.
3. Cloud account on Microsoft Azure with Hands-on lab exercises under the guidance of two experienced big data, hadoop instructors.
4. Post class support
5. Career advancement and Job placement assistance
October 30 – November 16, 2017
Every week, Mon, Wed, Thu 7:00 – 9:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time)
October 30, November 1,2,6,8,9,13,15, 2017
Desired but not required – exposure to, working proficiency of BI, sql, scripting, how to handle and manage data and databases, using Excel.
Training Session Details
There will be 8 online sessions, each session being 2 hours. Every session will have presentation about theory, concepts and technology, followed by Hands-on Lab practice exercises.
Each student will have access to a login account on the cloud, Microsoft Azure, where they can install Hadoop on a cloud virtual machine and perform hands-on lab exercises with instructor guidance. There will be two experienced big data, hadoop instructors supporting the students throughout the class.
Each session will be recorded and the recordings will be shared after each session with students.
Session 1: Big Data Basics
• An Introduction to Big Data?
• Why Big Data? Why now?
• The Three Dimensions of Big Data (Three Vs)
• Evolution of Big Data
• Big Data versus Traditional RDBMS Databases
• Big Data versus Traditional BI and Analytics
• Big Data versus Traditional Storage
• Key Challenges in Big Data adoption
• Benefits of adoption of Big Data
• Introduction to Big Data Technology Stack
• Apache Hadoop Framework
• Introduction to Microsoft HDInsight – Microsoft’s Big Data Service
• Creating Azure Storage Account
• Creating HDInsight Cluster
• Using services on HDInsight Cluster
Session 2: The Big Data Technology Stack
• Basics of Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
• Basics of Hadoop Distributed Processing (Map Reduce Jobs)
• Loading files to Azure storage account
• Moving files across HDInsight Cluster
• Remote Access to Azure Storage Account and HDInsight Cluster
Session 3: Deep dive into Hadoop Storage System (HDFS) (1 Hour)
• Reading files with HDFS
• Writing files with HDFS
• Error Handling
• Accessing Hadoop configuration files using HDInsight Cluster
Session 4: Processing Big Data –MapReduce and YARN
• How MapReduce works
• Handling Common Errors
• Bottlenecks with MapReduce
• How YARN (MapReduceV2) works
• Difference between MR1 and MR2
• Error Handling
• Running a simple MapReduce application (word count)
• Running a custom MapReduce application (census data)
• Running MapReduce via PowerShell
• Running a MapReduce application using PowerShell
• Monitoring application status
Session 5: Big Data Development Framework
• Introduction to HIVE
• Introduction to PIG
• Loading the data into HIVE
• Submitting Pig jobs using HDInsight
• Submitting Pig jobs via PowerShell
Session 6: Big Data Integration and Management
• Big Data Integration using Polybase
• Big Data Management using Ambari
• Fetching HDInsight data into SQL
• Using Ambari for managing HDInsight cluster
Session 7: Big Data – BI and Reporting using Power BI
• Introduction to Power BI
• Usual workflow of Power BI
• Power BI Ecosystem
• Getting Data into Power BI
• Reports vs Dashboards
• Additional elements of Power BI Reports
• Fetching HDInsight Data into Power BI desktop
• Data Modelling using Power BI desktop
• Creating reports using Power BI desktop
Session 8: PowerBI.com services – Deep dive
• Power BI Dashboards
• Natural Language Query
• Power BI Workspaces – Personal and Group Workspaces
• Sharing using OneDrive for Business
• Publishing reports to Powerbi.com
• Sharing reports using OneDrive for Business
End-to-End Use Case Implementation- Lab Exercise
• Use case -Healthcare Analytics using Hadoop framework through Microsoft HDInsight and Power BI
Class Size: Maximum 22
1. There will be no refunds.
2. If a class is not taken for any reason, purchase price can be applied toward any published future class by Omni212 of equal or lesser value.
Our Big Data Consulting Projects Showcase
Learn more about our Big Data Consulting projects showcase:
Our Corporate Training Offering
Learn more about our Corporate Training offering:
- AJ, Deputy CIO, City of Phoenix – Well published labs, class notes and videotaping of all classes. (evaluation score 4.9/5.0)
- Henry Figueroa, Business Analyst – Great job! I cannot sign up for your upcoming hacking course and others due to another scheduled training commitment, but will consider future schedules as they come. (evaluation score 4.95/5.0
Omni212 Prime membership
Now become an Omni212 Prime member and get $100 off every training course published by Omni212 on eventbrite
Sign up for Omni212 Prime membership: http://bit.ly/2xrLpXC
To see all currently published Omni212 courses in eventbrite, type your city name and ‘Omni212’ in the evenbrite search box.
Now you can enjoy unlimited training from Omni212. Find out more about our Unlimited training Plan: