- This event has passed.
Mapping & Key Research Skills Training
February 24 @ 8:00 am - February 25 @ 6:00 pm
This course is designed for professionals by imparting practical skills on how to use ODK and GIS to overcome major challenges faced during data collection and geospatial analysis. Participants will acquire hands-on skills in the use of ODK as a tool for designing questionnaires and data collection on electronic devices and Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool to capture, store, analyze, manage, and visualize data that is geographically linked.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is targeted at professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of ODK and GIS in their organization in the field of data collection and analysis. Participants are welcome from a broad range of organizations including, public health, education, physical planning, institutions, professionals and private GIS related firms.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module 1: Basic GIS concepts
- Basic GIS concepts and terminologies
- Introduction to spatial information
- Planning for a GIS system installation
- Working with a GIS software
Module 2: GIS data sources, data collection and integration techniques
- Introduction to ODK (OpenDataKit) software and survey design
- Introduction to GPS, GIS and map design using QGIS software
- Data collection using handheld GPS devices
- Integrating GPS and ODK data into a GIS environment
Module 3: Assessment using GIS
- Types and methods of risk assessment, risk evaluation, cost-benefit analysis.
- Assessment of elements at risk using GIS.
- Application of GIS in Multi-criteria analysis in vulnerability assessment.
- GIS in mapping disease causing vector location and distribution.
- Visualization of data collected.
The cost will be 165,000 Uganda Shillings per head but discounts will be offered to thoe registering as a group
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
For further inquiries, please contact us on details below:
Tel: +256 (0) 704051843.