Applications are being received for undertaking graduate programs (Masters and PHDs) in Korean Universities on full NIIED scholarship.
• To provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea
• To develop global leaders and strengthen Korea friendly networks worldwide.
Master’s course 1 year of Korean language + 2 years of Master’s course requirements
Doctoral course 1 year of Korean language + 3 years of Doctoral course requirements
• The applicant and his/her parents must hold foreign citizenships. i.e Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
• Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2017 (born after Sep. 1st, 1977).
• Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st of the selection year.
* Applicants who have graduated from a university in Korea are not eligible for the KGSP.
Specifically, applicants who have graduated from an undergraduate program, a master’s
program, or a doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
• Applicants must maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3
scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended
institution. If the applicant does not satisfy the above GPA requirements, he/she will be ineligible
to apply to this program.
Airfare Round-trip economy class ticket
Monthly Allowance 900,000 KRW (about UGX 2.6 million) per month
Research Allowance Per Semester 210,000 KRW for scholars in the field of humanities and social sciences;
240,000 KRW for scholars in natural sciences and engineering
Relocation (Settlement) Allowance 200,000 KRW upon arrival
Language Training Fee Full coverage
Tuitions All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university).
The tuition will be provided for by NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION (NIIED).
Dissertation Printing Costs 500,000 ~ 800,000 KRW , depending on actual costs.
Medical Insurance 20,000 KRW per month will be provided (limited coverage).
Download the documents below for details pertaining the application procedures.
- 1-2017 KGSP Application Forms.docx
- 1-2017 KGSP Application Guidelines(K-en).pdf
- 1-2017 Guide for KGSP at KNU (En).pdf
- 1-2017 Guide for KGSP at KNU(brochure).pdf
- 2017 KGSP Application FAQs(EN-KO).pdf